WDTC.01.D365.WG.1.PDF: Waterdeep Trading Company Project - Module 1: Setting up a Cloud-hosted environment for Dynamics 365 (Digital)
The Waterdeep Trading Company is the purveyor of all the finest adventuring supplies to travelers, rogues, wizards and clerics in all Faerûn, and are headquartered in the great city of Waterdeep on the Sword Coast.
Recently they have been experiencing a huge upswing in the traffic through their store and have realized that the old quill and scroll based financial system is not going to scale any more, and their manual supply chain management processes that they are using will not be able to handle their forecasted future demand.
As a result, they have taken the step to modernize their finance and supply chain systems and implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 to manage all their legal (and not so legal) entities, and the following is a journal of how they set up their system, and how they tweaked the system to make it work perfectly for them.
If you want to follow along in the journey and set up your own copy of the system, then feel free.
Before we can start off on our journey of setting up our new company within Dynamics 365, we need to set up a cloud-hosted environment of Dynamics 365 that we can work in.
We will do that by setting up a cloud-hosted environment within Azure, which will be funded by an Azure subscription that we have on our account.
- Setting up a Cloud-hosted environment for Dynamics 365
- Configuring Your Azure Subscription
- Getting a Free Trial Azure Subscription
- Upgrading the Free Trial to a Pay-As-You-Go Subscription
- Adding the Dynamics Deployment Service as a Contributor
- Creating a Cloud-hosted environment
- Creating a Lifecycle Services Project
- Configuring your Azure Subscription in Lifecycle Services
- Deploying a Cloud-hosted environment
- Opening Dynamics 365 for the first time
Series: Waterdeep Trading Company Project
Guide: Setting up a Cloud-hosted environment for Dynamics 365
PDF: 94 pages
Publisher: Blind Squirrel Publishing (December 2, 2018)
Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 11 inches