WDTC.05.D365.WG.1.PDF: Waterdeep Trading Company Project - Module 5: Configuring Vendors and Purchasing Products (Digital)
The Waterdeep Trading Company is the purveyor of all the finest adventuring supplies to travelers, rogues, wizards and clerics in all Faerûn, and are headquartered in the great city of Waterdeep on the Sword Coast.
Recently they have been experiencing a huge upswing in the traffic through their store and have realized that the old quill and scroll based financial system is not going to scale any more, and their manual supply chain management processes that they are using will not be able to handle their forecasted future demand.
As a result, they have taken the step to modernize their finance and supply chain systems and implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 to manage all their legal (and not so legal) entities, and the following is a journal of how they set up their system, and how they tweaked the system to make it work perfectly for them.
If you want to follow along in the journey and set up your own copy of the system, then feel free.
Module 5: Configuring Vendors and Purchasing Products
Now that we have our inventory configured and we have set up our products, we can start stocking our inventory in the Waterdeep Trading Company Store.
These products don’t fall off the back of a cart and magically appear for free though (not usually), so we will need to start procuring our new stock the old fashioned way by buying it from the dealers and traders within Waterdeep.
In this module, we will show you how to set up the procurement system and start buying and receiving products into the store.
- Configuring the Purchasing Controls and Profiles
- Updating the Item Groups with default Posting Accounts
- Opening the Item Groups form
- Updating the default posting accounts
- Creating a Posting Profile
- Opening the Vendor posting profiles form
- Creating a General Vendor Posting Profile
- Configuring the default Posting Profile
- Opening the Accounts payable parameters form
- Updating the Receiving Posting profiles
- Creating Vendor Profiles
- Creating a New Vendor Groups
- Opening the Vendor Groups maintenance form
- Creating new Vendor Groups
- Creating a New Vendor
- Opening the Vendor maintenance form
- Adding a new Vendor
- Updating the Vendor Purchasing Defaults
- Purchasing Products
- Creating a Purchase Order
- Opening the Purchase Order Preparation workspace
- Creating a new Purchase Order
- Adding lines to the Purchase order
- Specifying the default receiving location
- Confirming the Purchase Order
- Receiving Purchase Orders Into Inventory
- Creating a Purchase Order receipt
- Viewing the Product receipt journals
- Viewing the Inventory On Hand
- Opening the Inventory On-Handlist inquiry
- Viewing the on-hand inventory
Series: Waterdeep Trading Company Project
Guide: Configuring Vendors and Purchasing Products for the Waterdeep Trading Company
PDF: 141 pages
Publisher: Blind Squirrel Publishing (December 27, 2018)
Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 11 inches
We Also Recommend
WDTC.01.1.D365.WG.1.PDF: Waterdeep Trading Company Project - Module 1 Expansion 1: Creating a new Training Partition and Legal Entity within Dynamics 365 (Digital)
WDTC.03.D365.WG.1.DATA: Waterdeep Trading Company Project - Module 3: Configuring a new Company for the Waterdeep Trading Company (Sample Data)
WDTC.01.D365.WG.1.PDF: Waterdeep Trading Company Project - Module 1: Setting up a Cloud-hosted environment for Dynamics 365 (Digital)
WDTC.04.D365.WG.1.PDF: Waterdeep Trading Company Project - Module 4: Configuring a Warehouses and Products for the Waterdeep Trading Company (Digital)