WDTC.03.D365.WG.1.PDF: Waterdeep Trading Company Project - Module 3: Configuring a new Company for the Waterdeep Trading Company (Digital)
The Waterdeep Trading Company is the purveyor of all the finest adventuring supplies to travelers, rogues, wizards and clerics in all Faerûn, and are headquartered in the great city of Waterdeep on the Sword Coast.
Recently they have been experiencing a huge upswing in the traffic through their store and have realized that the old quill and scroll based financial system is not going to scale any more, and their manual supply chain management processes that they are using will not be able to handle their forecasted future demand.
As a result, they have taken the step to modernize their finance and supply chain systems and implement Microsoft Dynamics 365 to manage all their legal (and not so legal) entities, and the following is a journal of how they set up their system, and how they tweaked the system to make it work perfectly for them.
If you want to follow along in the journey and set up your own copy of the system, then feel free.
Module 3: Configuring a new Company for the Waterdeep Trading Company
For us to track all the financial and operational information for the Waterdeep Trading Company, we will need to set up a new company within Dynamics 365 with its own financial ledger. Additionally, we will probably want to track all our money through a bank account or two.
This company will be the foundation for all the other functions that we will build later, like the inventory management, sales, procurement and more.
- Configuring a new Company for the Waterdeep Trading Company
- Creating a new Legal Entity
- Opening the Legal entities maintenance form
- Creating a new Legal entity
- Updating the Address
- Updating the Legal Entities Banner
- Switching to the Waterdeep Trading Company legal entity
- Configuring the Number Sequences for the Legal Entity
- Opening the Number sequences maintenance form
- Generating the number sequences with the Number sequence wizard
- Importing a standard Chart of Accounts
- Opening up the Data Management workspace
- Importing the Faerûn Chart of Accounts
- Viewing the Standard Chart of Accounts
- Creating a new Account structure the Waterdeep Trading Company
- Opening the Account Structures Configuration form
- Creating a new Account Structure
- Activating the Account Structure
- Configuring the Ledger for the Waterdeep Trading Company
- Opening the Ledger Maintenance form
- Configuring the Ledger
- Viewing the Main Accounts for the Waterdeep Trading Company
- Creating an Operating Bank Account
- Opening up the Bank management form
- Adding a new Bank Account
- Associating the Bank Account to the Legal Entity
- Setting the Waterdeep Trading Company as the default legal entity
- Opening the User Options
- Updating the User preferences
Series: Waterdeep Trading Company Project
Guide: Configuring a new Company for the Waterdeep Trading Company
PDF: 143 pages
Publisher: Blind Squirrel Publishing (December 15, 2018)
Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 11 inches
We Also Recommend
WDTC.01.1.D365.WG.1.PDF: Waterdeep Trading Company Project - Module 1 Expansion 1: Creating a new Training Partition and Legal Entity within Dynamics 365 (Digital)
WDTC.03.D365.WG.1.DATA: Waterdeep Trading Company Project - Module 3: Configuring a new Company for the Waterdeep Trading Company (Sample Data)
WDTC.01.D365.WG.1.PDF: Waterdeep Trading Company Project - Module 1: Setting up a Cloud-hosted environment for Dynamics 365 (Digital)