BBCG.03.02: Configuring the General Ledger within Microsoft Dynamics - Module 2: Configuring the General Ledger Journals
Once you have a Ledger defined for your Legal Entity then the next thing that you will probably want to do is to start populating it with postings.
Within Dynamics 365 for Operations all postings that are made to the General Ledger through Journals, and the journals are controlled through types called Journal Names. You can configure as many of these as you like and as we move through all of the different modules within Dynamics 365 for Operations you will notice that the Journal Names are a very important piece of the system and you will be configuring a lot of these to do pretty much everything from Invoicing to Production posts.
In this guide we will work through the process of creating a new Journal Name within Dynamics 365 for Operations and then show you how to can start using this to post directly to the ledger.
- Configuring Journal Names
- Posting Journals to the Ledger
- Posting single line Journals
- Saving Journals as Voucher Templates
- Creating Journals using Voucher Templates
- Creating Account Aliases
- Using Ledger Reason Codes Within Journals
- Using Excel To Create Journal Entries
- Viewing The Voucher Transactions