If you want to personalize your products a little, or if you are more of a configure to order operation where every product that you ship out the door is tailored to your customers specifications and needs then you will probably want to take advantage of the Product Configurator that is built into Dynamics AX. This feature allows you to create a product with a number of different attributes, and rules that will allow Dynamics AX to build a custom BOM every time the product is ordered, and also tell you if the product is even possible to make.
The topics that are described within this series are:
- Creating a Constraint Based Product Master
- Creating a Product Configuration Model
- Adding Configuration Attributes
- Grouping Related Attributes
- Adding Conditional Display Options
- Adding Constraints to your Configuration Model
- Configuring BOMS Based On Attributes
- Using Table Based Attribute Values (Book Only)
- Using Attributes as Variables (Book Only)
The Product Configurator that is built into Dynamics AX is a pretty useful tool, and if you spend the time creating the rules on how you should be building your products, it can possibly reduce the number of BOM’s that you define down to just a handful.
Share this post